Chili isn’t just for meat eaters. In fact, this vegan chili recipe can rival any chili out there, meat or no meat! Loaded with beans and veggies, this dish is nutritionally packed and full of spices that will make you a true chili lover. Of course, the Instant Pot makes this recipe especially easy and fast so you can quickly whip up this dinner in no time.
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Vegan Chili
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Large spoon or rubber spatula
- Cutting Board
- Small Bowl
- Medium bowl
- 7” Cake Pan
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 White Onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeds removed
- 1 Carrots, diced
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 28 ounces (1 large can) Diced Tomatoes, canned
- 15 ounces (1 can) Black Beans, rinsed
- 15 ounces (1 can) Pinto Beans, rinsed
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Dice the onion, pepper, garlic, celery and carrot and add to the Instant Pot bowl along with the olive oil. Press the ‘saute’ button and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper and stir. Cook for two more minutes on saute mode.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and bay leaf to the pot and stir. PLace the lid on the Instant Pot and set the steamer valve to the seal position. Press the ‘manual’ button and set the timer for 15 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, let the pressure naturally release by allowing the pot to just sit and slowly release the steam. This should take about 15-20 minutes.
- Open the lid and serve while warm!
That was a pretty easy chili recipe right? And pretty darn delicious while also being vegan! If you have any questions before you start dicing up those veggies, let us know in the comments below and we will be happy to answer!