You can’t have a true southern meal without tender collard greens on your plate. Luckily, these collards are so easy to make that you will be eating a complete country meal in no time! Collard greens can be tricky to make (especially when they are vegetarian) but this recipe creates perfect, juicy, flavorful greens every time. Try this recipe once and you’ll never cook your collards without an Instant Pot® again!
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Collard Greens
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber Spatula
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- 1 Pound Collard Greens
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 0.75 cup Vegetable Broth
- 0.25 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 0.25 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 0.25 tsp Salt
- Wash and chop the collard greens and then set aside.
- Chop the onion and garlic then add them to the Instant Pot® bowl along with the olive oil. Press the ‘saute’ button and stir the onions, garlic and oil. Let saute until the onions begin to brown (about 4 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add the collard greens to the Instant Pot® bowl and place the lid on the Instant Pot® (no need to seal it yet!). Press the ‘keep warm’ button on your Instant Pot® and let the collard greens steam for 5 minutes. This will help the collard greens shrink a little bit and cook better as they will have more space in the pot. Remove the lid
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir. Place the lid back on the Instant pot and seal, making sure the steamer valve is set to the ‘seal’ position.
- Press the ‘manual’ button and set the timer for 5 minutes on high pressure. Once the cooking time is complete, let the steam naturally release from the pot (this means don’t touch anything, just wait until the pressure has released and you can open the lid which will take about 10 minutes). Serve the collard greens hot!
Amazing way to make collard greens, right?! Let us know if you have any questions before you begin and we will answer in the comments below!