Not only are crab cake simply delicious but they are so versatile. They can be made as an appetizer, a dinner or eaten as a quick snack. You can put a crab cake on a bed of lettuce, sandwich it between bread or enjoy it plain. Now, you don’t even need a stovetop, oven or deep fryer to make crab cakes- you can use your Instant Pot! Crab cakes in the Instant Pot is fast, easy and practically mess free. The deep sides of the pot prevents oil from splattering and is super easy to throw in the sink and wash afterwards!
Instant Pot® Crab Cakes
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Large Bowl
- Large Plate
- Rubber Spatula
- 0.5 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- 1 Pound Crab Meat
- 25 crackers, crushed Saltine Crackers
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, egg, worcestershire sauce, crab, crushed saltines and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Form the crab mix into patties, making about 8.
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot and press the “saute” button. When the oil is hot (in about 2 minutes), add the crab cakes to the pot. You should be able to fit about 4. Sear each side for about 3 minutes then flip the crab cakes over and cook the other side for 3 more minutes.
- Remove the first batch of crab cakes from the pot and cook the remaining cakes in the same oil. Serve while hot!
Such a fast and clean way to make crab cakes! If you are about to start cooking and have any questions before you begin, let us know in the comments below! We are happy to answer.