Pumpkin cake tastes the best when it is moist, fresh and loaded with spices. This cake is exactly that. The beauty of baking a cake in the Instant Pot® is that it will almost always come out dense and tender, just how a pumpkin cake should be! No need to turn on the whole oven to bake a cake when you have an Instant Pot® at your disposal!
Instant Pot® Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Can Opener
- Rubber Spatula
- 8 inch Cake Pan
- Large Bowl
- Knife to serve
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin
- 0.5 tsp Cinnamon
- 0.125 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Cloves
- 0.125 Ginger
- 0.75 cups Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Blend
- 2 Eggs
- 0.5 cups Smart Balance Butter, softened
- 1.5 cups Flour
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, eggs and smart balance butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix together well to form a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8 inch round cake pan. Cover the pan with foil
- Pour two cups of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot® and place the trivet inside. Place the cake pan on top of the trivet then close the Instant Pot® lid and set the steamer valve to seal. Press the ‘manual’ button and set the timer for 30 minutes, cooking on high pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, let the pressure release from the Instant Pot® naturally then open the lid and remove the foil from the cake pan.
- Let the cake cool slightly and then remove it from the pan, slice and serve warm.
This cake is sooooo delicious right?! Let us know what you thought in the comments below or ask any questions before you start baking with your Instant Pot®!