Looking for a hearty, warming, delicious soup recipe? Look no further! This classic Italian soup is one that will amaze you. Each bite is loaded with spinach, Italian sausage, and rich broth that is surely going to be one of your favorite soups ever. Give this quick recipe a try and be prepared to be wowed!
Instant Pot® Zuppa Toscana
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber Spatula
- Cutting Board
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 pounds Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 large Onion
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 pound Red Potatoes
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Chopped Spinach, frozen, thawed
- 1.5 cups Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Chop the onions and garlic.
- Chop the potatoes into one inch pieces
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot bowl and press the “saute” button. Add the sausage and cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up the pieces of sausage with your spatula as it cooks.
- Add the, onion, garlic, potatoes and spices to the Instant Pot and stir, cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot
- Close the lid and set the steam valve to the ‘seal’ position. Press the ‘manual’ button and set the timer for 5 minutes, cooking over high pressure. Once the timer is done, let the Instant Pot naturally release its pressure by letting it just sit, untouched! After about 10 minutes you should be able to open the lid.
- Stir in the spinach and the cream
- Serve the soup while hot!
We would love to hear what you thought about this tasty soup! Or, if you have a question before you make it, let us know in the comments below and we will get back to you!