Have you ever craved a nice slice of key lime pie but you really don’t want to turn on a hot oven in order to make it? Key lime pie is, after all, a great summer dessert but we all know that oven’s in the summertime are a bad idea! Don’t worry, you can definitely make a key lime pie in your Instant Pot! And, it will be just as delicious (if not more!) as if you made it the old fashioned way. So sit back in your cool kitchen and wait while your Instant Pot cooks your key lime pie to perfection!
Instant Pot® Key Lime Pie
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Two medium sized Bowls
- One 7” round springform pan
- 1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 4 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 0.66 cup Key Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Lime Zest
- 1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter and graham cracker crumbs together, mixing well.
- Pour the graham cracker mix into the springform cake pan and press the crust into the bottom of the pan and up the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, key lime juice, lime zest, sweetened condensed milk and sugar. Pour the mix into the prepared pie crust.
- Cover the pan with foil.
- Pour one cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot and put the trivet in the pot. Place the foil wrapped pie in the Instant Pot and put the cover on the pot. Set the steamer valve to ‘seal’ and then push the ‘manual’ button, setting the Instant Pot to cook at high pressure for 15 minutes. When the time is complete, let the Instant Pot naturally release pressure- just let it sit on the counter for about 10 more minutes or until you are able to open the lid!
- Remove the foil cover from the pie and place it in the fridge for at least an hour to cool. Top with whipped cream (if desired) and serve chilled!
Was this one of the best key lime pies you have ever made? Pretty great that you don’t even need an oven to make a homemade pie! If you have any questions before you begin, let us know in the comments below and we will answer ASAP!