There is something about creamy, rich potatoes that just makes it feel like the holidays. Scalloped potatoes are traditionally one of those dishes you only eat on a special occasion and while this recipe is perfect for just that scenario, they are also easy enough to make any time. Cheesy and full of flavor, these potatoes come together in a matter of minutes thanks to our favorite appliance, the Instant Pot®!
Instant Pot® Scalloped Potatoes
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula
- Chefs Knife (or Mandolin Slicer)
- Cutting Board
- Large Pie Pan or heat proof serving dish
- 2 Pounds Russet Potatoes, washed well
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 0.25 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 0.5 tsp Onion Powder
- 0.25 tsp Ground black pepper
- 8 ounces (one small bag) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Slice the potatoes using a chef’s knife or mandolin slicer so that they are about ¼ of an inch thick. You can opt to leave the peels on or peel the potatoes prior to slicing- either way works! Place the potato slices in the Instant Pot® and pour the chicken broth in as well. Place the lid on the Instant Pot® and set the steamer valve to “seal”. Press the “manual” button and set the timer for one minute with high pressure cooking. Once the timer goes off, do a quick release of the pressure by carefully opening the steamer valve (be careful, it’s hot!).
- Remove the potatoes from the Instant Pot® bowl and into a heatproof pie pan or serving dish. Leave any liquid in the Instant Pot®.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the Instant Pot®, reserving about ¼ cup of the cheese, and press the “saute” button.
- Stir the mix until the cheese has melted and the sauce is nice and smooth. Pour the cheese sauce over the top of the potatoes in the serving dish, covering the potatoes as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top of the potatoes
- Place the potatoes under a preheated broiler for two minutes or until the cheese on top begins to brown. Serve while hot!
So good, right?! These have to be the easiest scalloped potatoes you ever made and we want to hear all about it in the comments below! Also feel free to ask any questions you may have about this recipe- we will answer ASAP so that your potatoes come out perfectly.