If you are already familiar with noodle kugel, then you may know how much of a holiday classic it is. That sweet noodle taste and the crispy noodle top- it just can’t be beaten! If you have never tried noodle kugel, now is the time to do so! Make this recipe part of your family holiday tradition and everyone will be singing your praises. You’ll have to weigh in on what you like best, the crunchy top or the soft noodle center- it’s an age-old debate!
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Noodle Kugel
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- 5” Springform pan
- Medium bowl
- Large Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- 1 Pound Spiral Noodles
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Cups Cottage Cheese
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 0.25 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Raisins
- Place raisins in a small bowl and cover with water. Let soak for one hour.
- Place the noodles in the Instant Pot® bowl and fill the bowl with enough water to cover the noodles. Place the lid on the Instant Pot® and seal, making sure the steamer valve is set to “seal”. Press the “manual” button and set the timer for one minute, cooking at high pressure. When the Instant Pot® is done cooking, do a quick pressure release by carefully opening the steamer valve. Pour the pasta into a strainer, discarding any extra water.
- Put cooked noodles into a large bowl and toss with the olive oil. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream cheese, cottage cheese, salt and spices. Pour the mix into the pasta bowl and stir together with the noodles.
- Drain the water from the raisins and fold the raisins into the noodle mix.
- Prepare and Instant Pot® baking pan by coating it with butter. Add the noodle mix to the pan and then place on top of a trivet. Add 2 cups of water to the Instant Pot® bowl. Close the lid and seal the Instant Pot®, making sure the steamer valve is set to “seal”. Press the “manual” button and set the timer for 24 minutes on high pressure. When the timer goes off, let the Instant pot sit and naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes.
- Remove the kugel from the Instant Pot® and immediately put under a preheater boiler for 3 minutes to crispy the top. Serve once cooled to room temperature.
Are you a huge kugel fan now? Or interested to give it a try? Let us know if you have any questions before starting! We will answer them all.