If you need to make an appetizer in a hurry, this is the best recipe to go with. Not only do these Lil smokies take just a few minutes to whip up but they are also so amazingly addictive that you will find yourself eating half of them before your party even begins! Heck, you don’t even need to be hosting an event to make these, they are a great mid-day snack for any time. The perfect sweet and salty snack treat that is fancy enough for a holiday party but easy enough to enjoy on a day to day basis.
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Lil Smokies
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula
- 12 ounces Cocktail Sausages
- 0.5 cup Honey Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Honey
- Open the package of cocktail sausages and discard any juice. Place the sausages in the bottom of the Instant Pot® Bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour the sauce over the Lil smokies in the Instant Pot®. Stir briefly.
- Seal the Instant pot, making sure the steamer valve is set to “seal” and then press the “manual” button. Set the timer for one minute on high pressure. Once the timer goes off, let the Instant Pot® naturally release the pressure for one minute (that means just let the pot sit there), then carefully open the steam valve to release the remaining pressure manually.
- Remove the lil smokies from the Instant pot and place in a small serving bowl. Keep the juice in the Instant Pot®, press “saute” and allow the juice to cook down for 5 minutes to thicken. Pour the sauce over the Lil smokies and serve
Are You totally ready to make these? Or maybe your just really ready to eat them! Let us know if you have any questions regarding the recipe before you start cooking, we’re happy to answer (especially as we have made this recipe a bunch of times- they are addictive!).