While some people say you should never mess with a classic, we think you definitely should! There are always ways to make foods better, more exciting and just, well, different! While this meatloaf recipe is tried and true, the way it is cooked is new and exciting. Why? Because it uses the Instant Pot of course! Not only do you get to skip the oven when making this meatloaf recipe but you also get to skip using a pan and no pan means no dishes. Get ready to have the way you make meatloaf changed forever!
Instant Pot® Meatloaf
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- 1.5 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 large Onion, minced
- 1 cup Milk, any kind
- 5 slices, torn into small pieces Sliced Bread
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Pepper
- 0.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large Egg
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 0.33 cup Ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, milk, sliced bread, salt, pepper, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce and egg. Mix together well using your hands to fully incorporate all the ingredients.
- Place the ground beef mixture on a large piece of foil. Shape the meat into a loaf using your hands. Pull the sheet of foil up around the meatloaf, making a “pan”.
- Pour one cup of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot and add the trivet to the bowl as well. Place the wrapped meatloaf inside the pot then close the lid.
- Put the steamer valve in the ‘seal’ position then press the “manual” button and set the pot to cook for 25 minutes at high pressure. When the time is completed, let the pot naturally release the heat by just leaving the pot on the counter until you are able to remove the lid (this should take about 10 minutes).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup and brown sugar. Pour this sauce over the meatloaf then slice, and serve!
Did you enjoy this new way of making meatloaf? Was it nice to not have a hard to clean meatloaf pan? If you have any questions about this recipe, let us know in the comment section below and we will be happy to answer!