Macaroni and cheese is one of those foods that everyone loves. It is simple, it is delicious and it is ohhhhh so cheesy- how can you go wrong! Now, making homemade macaroni and cheese just got easier thanks to the Instant Pot. No need for multiple pots or dishes, you can make the whole meal in one bowl. It also only takes a few minutes to put together which means you can have dinner on the table in no time! Try using different cheeses in this recipe to create your own special Instant Pot mac and cheese blend.
Instant Pot® Mac And Cheese
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber Spatula
- 1 pound Dry Pasta Noodles (short noodles are better!)
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1.5 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 0.5 cup Skim Milk
- Add the dry noodles to the Instant Pot along with the chicken broth, water, butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir together briefly.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the grated cheeses
- Close the Instant Pot and make sure the steamer valve is set to “seal”. Press the manual button and set the timer for 5 minutes, cooking at high pressure. When the timer is done, open the Instant pot steamer valve very carefully to quickly release the pressure inside the pot.
- Add the shredded cheese and milk to the pot with the cooked noodles and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Serve right away while hot!
Pretty easy right? Who knew homemade mac and cheese could be so simple! Before you start making this recipe 1000 times, let us know if you have any questions- we will answer as soon as possible!