Your Italian grandma probably never imagined making lasagna in an Instant Pot®! Now that we live in a busy world where we may not have hours to make delicious lasagna as grandma did, we need it tasty and we need it fast! Luckily, these recipes will give you just that- a quick lasagna so full of flavor that all those Italian grandmas will be so proud!
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Lasagna
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Springform pan
- Aluminum Foil
- Small Bowl
- Spoon or rubber spatula
- 0.75 pound Italian Sausage or Ground Beef
- 0.25 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Pepper
- 0.25 tsp Onion Powder
- 0.25 tsp Garlic Powder
- 0.75 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Eggs
- 0.33 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 0.33 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 0.25 tsp Oregano
- 0.25 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Pasta Sauce
- 5 Lasagna Noodles Cooked
- 0.5 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 0.25 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Place the ground beef or sausage in the bottom of the Instant Pot® and set to saute. Add the first quantity of salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Cook, stirring occasionally to break up the meat into small pieces, for about 7 minutes or until the ground beef is browned and cooked through.
- Remove the meat from the pot and set aside.
- Clean the Instant pot bowl and then return it to the base. Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the instant pot bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the ricotta, eggs, first quantity of mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese, remaining garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Using one of the pre cooked noodles, break the noodle up into pieces and spread across the bottom of a springform pan. Make sure the noodles cover the bottom completely.
- Spread about ⅓ of the pasta sauce across the noodles and then top with about ½ of the cooked meat mix. Top with about ½ of the cheese mixture and spread evenly.
- Add another layer of noodles followed by another layer of sauce, meat and cheese. Repeat this process until you have used all the noodles and fillings and have reached the top of the pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the final mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover the pan with a piece of foil and place the pan inside the Instant POt on top of the trivet. (The pot should still have the clean water in the bottom which may barely reach the lasagna pan).
- Close the lid and set the dial to “Seal”.
- Press the “Manual” setting and set your timer for 24 minutes at high pressure. It will take about 10 minutes for the Instant pot to heat and seal before the timer begins.
- Once the Instant Pot® cycle is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan of lasagna from the Instant Pot® and take the foil off the top.
- To brown the top cheese on the lasagna, place the pan under a hot boiler for 5 minutes.
- Serve the lasagna directly from the pan or remove it by loosening the sides of the springform latch and pushing the bottom up and out of the pan.
So how was your first Instant Pot® lasagna? Did you make your grandma proud?! Or maybe you have a few questions before diving into making a new-aged lasagna. Let us know your thoughts and questions!