Homemade hash browns are truly out of this world- they are soooo much better than any fast food version you could ever get! While this recipe calls for shredding the potatoes yourself, you can easily buy them pre-shredded in the frozen section of the grocery store to save even more time. This makes a great side dish to any meal!
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Hash Browns
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber Spatula
- Casserole Dish
- Large Bowl
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 White Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Ground BLack Pepper
- 8 potatoes (will be about 8 cups grated) Red Bliss Potatoes
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 0.5 cup Sour Cream
- 0.5 cup Bread Crumbs, toasted
- Wash the potatoes and then use a cheese grater to shred them. Rinse the shredded potatoes and then let soak in a large bowl of water for one hour to remove some of the excess starch. Drain the water and squeeze you as much water as you can from the potatoes.
- Add the butter to the Instant Pot® bowl and press the ‘saute’ button. Let the butter melt and then add the chopped onion. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the Instant pot and add all of the remaining ingredients except for the sour cream and cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot® and set the steamer valve to ‘seal’. Press the ‘manual’ button and set the cooking time to 2 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release (meaning wait another 10 minutes or so until you can open the lid of the pot).
- Open the Instant Pot® and stir in the cheese and sour cream.
- Transfer the potatoes to a casserole dish and sprinkle with the toasted bread crumbs. Serve while hot!
These are some creamy good potatoes, right?! If you have any questions before you start cooking, let us know in the comments below- we will answer and help you make these potatoes as delicious as they can be!