Deliciously rich sweet potatoes are a holiday tradition that just got easier thanks to this easy Instant Pot® recipe. While you can opt to leave the pecans out, they really are fantastic and add a nice crunch to the dish. Mix these sweet potatoes together well to mash them slightly or stir briefly in order to keep them in nice, chunky pieces.
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Rubber Spatula
- 4 Large (about 2 pounds) Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 0.25 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 0.25 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp Cinnamon
- 0.125 tsp Nutmeg
- 0.25 cup Pecans, chopped
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop them roughly into one inch pieces.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot® with one cup water and close the top.
- Press the “Manual” button and set the timer to cook for 3 minutes at high pressure. Make sure the steam valve on the top is set to “seal”. Once the timer goes off, do a quick release of the pressure by carefully turning the steam valve to “open”. The steam coming out of the valve will be very hot so be careful!
- Pour the potatoes into a strainer and set aside. Place the instant pot bowl liner back into the instant pot and add the butter, brown sugar, honey, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and pecans. Press “saute” and stir until the sugar and butter have melted.
- Turn the Instant pot off and add the cooked sweet potatoes back into the bowl with the syrup mix.
- Stir everything together and serve while warm! This is a great meal to make ahead and reheat right before you are ready to serve!
Weren’t these candied sweet potatoes amazing? Simple to make, delicious to eat and a perfect side dish to any holiday. Let us know if you have any questions before you begin, we are happy to answer!