Wild rice is a great way to add some extra protein to your diet without eating meat. Wild rice also is high in fiber and has an impressive amount of antioxidants and nutrients. Add a few veggies to the mix and you are looking at one healthy dish! This is a perfect side dish to almost any meal but you can also enjoy it on its own as it is quite filling.
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Veggie Wild Rice
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- 2 Cups Wild Rice
- 2.5 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 0.5 cup Corn Kernels, Canned or Frozen
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot® and press the ‘saute’ button. Add the onion and carrots to the pot and saute for 3 minutes.
- Then add the rice to the bowl and stir. Let the rice toast for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Turn the Instant Pot® off and then add the remaining ingredients. Stir and then place the cover on the Instant Pot®. Set the steamer valve to ‘seal’ and then press the ‘manual’ button. Set the pressure to high and the timer to 10 minutes.
- Once the timer is done, let the Instant Pot® naturally release the pressure by letting the pot sit for about 15 minutes, un touched. Then, open the lid and serve the rice while hot!
Great side dish right? Before you start cooking up this nutritious meal, let us know if you have any questions- write them below and we will respond right away.