Chicken is a go-to dinner for so many as it is versatile, easy, and healthy. Yet, sometimes you may run out of ideas on how to make that chicken breast a little more exciting. This Greek marinated chicken recipe is it! The Greek-inspired mix of flavors will liven up that boring old chicken and, with this easy Instant Pot® recipe, you will have a tender and moist chicken breast ready to eat in no time. Put this recipe on your list of chicken dinners to make this week!
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Greek Marinated Chicken
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Cutting Board
- Chef’s Knife
- Rubber Spatula
- Small Bowl
- Large Bowl or Ziplock Bag
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Oregano, dried
- 0.25 cup Lemon Juice
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 4 breasts Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except the chicken breast.
- Place the chicken breast in the large bowl or in a gallon sized ziplock bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken and cover (or seal the bag). Place the chicken in the fridge to marinate for an hour or up to 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken breast from the marinade and place in the Instant Pot® with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Press the saute button and sear the chicken for 2 minutes on each side. Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot® along with ½ tsp dried basil. Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot® and put the seared chicken on top of the trivet. Close the Instant Pot® and set the steamer valve to ‘seal’. Press the ‘manual’ button and set the timer to 5 minutes, cooking on high pressure. Once the cooking cycle is done, let the pressure release from the pot naturally which will take about 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breast from the pot and set aside. Remove the trivet then add the chicken marinade into the pot. Press the ‘saute’ button and let the mixture come to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for 2 minutes to thicken.
- Serve the chicken hot with the sauce poured over the top.
Was this chicken a nice new flavor profile for your dinner rotation? Are you still questioning a certain step and need some clarification? Let us know in the comments below and we will be happy to help!