Chicken tinga is one of the most flavorful types of chicken out there. Chicken, chilies and onions are the stars in this Mexican dish and the chicken is often used inside tacos, burritos or empanadas. However, it is just as delicious on its own- you will likely be able to eat a whole bowl of this chicken, no problem! After all, flavorful, tender chicken is hard to resist… Smokey and spicy, this is one chicken recipe you will love.
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Chicken Tinga
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Cutting Board
- Hand blender
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 pepper Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce, diced
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 0.5 tsp Cumin
- 1 cup Fire Roasted Tomatoes, canned
- 0.5 cup Chicken Stock
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs or Breast
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot Bowl and press the ‘saute’ button. Add the onion and cook for about 4 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the garlic and saute for one more minute. Add the diced chipotle pepper, oregano, cumin, tomatoes and chicken stock to the bowl and cook for another minute.
- Puree the mix using a hand blender until smooth.
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the steamer valve to ‘seal’. Press the ‘manual’ button and set the timer for 8 minutes, cooking with high pressure.
- When the time is complete, let the pressure naturally release from the Instant Pot which means just let it sit! Once all of the pressure has been released, you will be able to open the lid.
- Shred the chicken using two forks to pull the chicken apart and stir it into the sauce.
- Serve while hot!
What a flavorful way to make chicken! And so versatile too as you can use it in just about any Mexican chicken dish. Before you start making this recipe, let us know if you have any questions as we will be happy to answer!