When the winter comes, citrus fruits are readily available, bringing a little bit of bright flavor to the cold dreary months. Incorporating these summery tastes into your dinner is easier than you may think. Whip up a quick marinade using a variety of citrus fruits and then let your chicken absorb the flavors overnight. Put it all in your Instant Pot® and tada! A juicy, refreshing chicken to brighten any winter day.
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Winter Citrus Marinated Chicken
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber Spatula
- Large Bowl
- Cutting Board
- 2, chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lime, juice and zest
- 1 Orange Juice, juice and zest
- 1 Lemon, juice and zest
- 0.25 cup Soy Sauce, low sodium
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 0.25 cup Onion, chopped
- 0.25 cup Parsley, chopped
- 4 breasts Chicken Breast, boneless, skinles
- Begin by zesting and juicing all the citrus fruit.
- Place all of the ingredients except the chicken breast into a blender or food processor and puree. Pour the marinade back into a bowl.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bowl and flip to coat them in the marinade. Cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour or overnight.
- Add the chicken to the Instant Pot® bowl and press ‘saute’. Sear the chicken on each side for two minutes then remove from the Instant Pot®. Place the marinade in the bottom of the Instant Pot® bowl and add the trivet as well. Place the marinated, seared chicken breast on top of the trivet.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot® and seal, setting the steamer valve to the ‘seal’ function. Press the ‘manual’ button and set the timer to 5 minutes on high pressure. When the cooking cycle is complete, let the pot naturally release the pressure. Open the lid and remove the chicken.
- Press ‘saute’. Bring the marinade to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes or until the marinade has thickened. Serve the chicken breast hot with the marinade sauce on top.
Did this tasty chicken brighten your day? Did you love the refreshing citrus flavors and also how easy it was to put together? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. Also, fel free to ask any questions you may have about this recipe- we are happy to answer!