A nice spicy chicken can be the centerpiece for so many meals. You can serve it next to rice, chopped into a chicken salad, or inside a tasty burrito. Spicy chicken can make a perfect lunch or an ideal dinner- it really can be anything! This chipotle marinated chicken has a perfectly balanced spice, deep and rich, and full of flavor. Of course, this recipe is also easy to make thanks to the Instant Pot® and that means you can make it quickly anytime…how about right now?
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Chipotle Marinated Chicken
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber Spatula
- Cutting Board
- Blender or Food Processor
- Can Opener
- 2 chipotle peppers Canned Chipotles in Adodo Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic cloves
- 0.5 cup, chopped White Onion
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 0.5 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2, sliced in half lengthwise Chicken Breast
- Place all of the ingredients except the chicken breast and 1 tablespoon of oil in a blender or food processor. Puree the mix until smooth.
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl or in a large ziplock bag. Pour the pureed marinade over the chicken and either cover the bowl with plastic wrap or seal the bag. Place in the fridge for at least one hour or overnight.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the Instant Pot® and press the ‘saute’ button. Let the oil heat for a minute and then add the marinated chicken breast, reserving the marinade. Sear the chicken on each side for two minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and add the marinade. Add the Instant Pot® trivet to the pot and then return the chicken breast to the pot, placing it on top of the trivet.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot® seal, turning the steamer valve to ‘seal’. Press the “manual” button and set the timer for 6 minutes on High pressure. Once the cooking cycle is completed, let the steam naturally release from the pot the open the lid.
- Serve the chicken while warm with the sauce from the Instant pot and your choice of sides!
Was this chicken spicy enough for you? Did you add a little extra kick somehow? Let us know how your recipe came out! If you have any questions lingering before you start cooking, we can help- ask whatever you need to in the comments below and we will answer you ASAP.