Forget about Taco Tuesday, how about Fajita Friday?! Make this recipe into a new family tradition that is super easy and incredibly delicious. Once you have this great chicken fajita base, you can add anything else you want to your fajitas- avocado, cheese, tomatoes, jalapenos…anything! Or, you can totally just eat the fajitas as it since they are soooo tasty.
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Chicken Fajitas
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber Spatula
- Cutting Board
- 2 Small Bowls
- Whisk or fork
- 1.5 pounds Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 0.5 Red Bell Pepper
- 0.5 Green Bell Pepper
- 0.5 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 0.5 tsp Cumin
- 0.25 tsp Chili Powder
- 0.25 tsp Paprika
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, lime juice, and spices and whisk together.
- Cut the peppers and onion into strips.
- Add the chicken, olive oil, peppers and onions to the pot along with 1 cup of water. Stir in the seasoning mix, making sure everything is well mixed. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the steamer valve to “seal”.
- Press the “manual” button and set the timer for 10 minutes. Once the timer beeps to indicate it is done, carefully open the steam valve by turning it to “vent”- be careful as hot steam will quickly escape!
- Mix the cornstarch in a small bowl with about 3 Tbsp of water.
- Open the lid and add the cornstarch mix. Press the saute button and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Let boil for about 2 minutes.
- Serve the fajitas while hot in flour tortillas! Enjoy!
Looks pretty delicious right? And it is super easy! Everything goes in the pot and comes out a flavorful meal! If you have any questions before making this great recipe, leave them in the comments below and we will answer ASAP!