Chicken wings are a classic dish that have just gotten easier and also healthier. While traditionally, chicken wings are deep fried, these Instant Pot chicken wings are steamed and then broiled, eliminating all the excess oil and also all that unwanted fat. However, they are still incredibly flavorful as they are covered in a honey garlic sauce that will definitely make you want seconds.
Instant Pot® Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- 2 Small Bowls
- Sheet Tray
- Instant Pot Steamer Basket or trivet
- 2 Pounds Chicken Wings, Fresh or Frozen
- 0.5 cup Honey
- 0.25 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 clove, chopped Garlic
- 0.5 tsp Ground Ginger
- 0.125 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, olive oil, sesame seeds, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Add ¾ cup of water and whisk well. Pour the sauce into the Instant Pot bowl.
- Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot, over the sauce (or steamer basket- either will work great!). Place the chicken wings on the trivet, spreading them out as much as possible.
- Place the cover on the Instant Pot and set the steamer valve to the ‘seal’ position. Press the ‘manual’ button and set the Instant Pot to cook at high pressure for 12 minutes for frozen chicken wings or 10 minutes for fresh chicken wings.
- Once the timer has gone off, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes then push open the steamer valve to release the remaining pressure in the pot (be careful as the steam coming out will be very hot).
- Remove the chicken wings from the Instant Pot and place them on a foil lined sheet tray. Place the tray under a broiler and broil the chicken wings for 2 minutes. This step is optional but it gives the wings a nicely browned skin and a slight crunch.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the cornstarch with ¼ cup cold water then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot bowl with the sauce. Press the ‘saute’ button on the Instant Pot and whisk the mixture in the bowl until it begins to thicken (this should take about 5 minutes).
- Toss the chicken wings with the honey garlic sauce and serve while hot!
Pretty amazing way to make chicken wings, right? Before you get started on this wing recipe, let us know if you have any questions. Write them in the comments below and we will be happy to answer!