Hummus is a fantastic snack. It is healthy, full of complex flavors, and can be used as a dip for veggies or crackers. Hummus even makes a great spread on sandwiches! Making your own hummus may sound a little tricky but with the Instant Pot®, you can make it in just a few minutes and be snacking away so soon! The rich garlic flavor of this hummus ensures that you will love this recipe and be making it for parties, holidays, and just to have around the house when hunger strikes.
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Garlic Hummus
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber Spatula
- Small Bowl
- Blender or Food Processor
- Can Opener
- 1 Can, 15 ounces Canned Chickpeas, drained
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp Cumin
- 0.25 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Water
- Place the drained chickpeas into the Instant Pot® along with the cloves of garlic and water. Place the lid on the pot and turn the steamer valve to ‘seal’. Press the ‘manual’ button and set the timer for 5 minutes, cooking on high pressure.
- When the cooking cycle is completed, let the Instant Pot® naturally release the steam, meaning just let the pot sit until you are able to open the lid (about 5 minutes).
- Pour the water out of the instant pot and reserve it in a separate bowl. Then, place the cooked chickpeas and garlic in your blender or food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and puree the hummus.
- Add a little of the reserved cooking water if needed to make the hummus your desired consistency. Serve cold!
Have you ever had a more delicious, easier to make hummus? Who knew it was that simple to make such a great snack! If you still have questions about this recipe, leave them in the comments below and we’ll be happy to answer!