Bananas foster is a dessert that sounds fancy and only takes a few minutes to make- doesn’t this sound perfect? Have the company come over in an hour? Make bananas foster! Want a low-calorie dessert that is actually healthy? Make bananas foster! This dessert really is perfect for any occasion, even as a regular old Tuesday night treat.
Instant Pot® Bananas Foster
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula
- Cutting Board
- 2 Tbsp I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- 2, not quite ripe Banana
- 6 Tbsp Splenda Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 0.125 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Pick bananas that are still slightly green. You want your bananas to be a little firm so that they don’t turn into mush! Peel and slice the bananas and set aside.
- Place the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, splenda brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg into the Instant Pot®. Press ‘Saute’ and stir until the butter blend has melted. Add the sliced bananas, stir and then place the lid on the Instant Pot®.
- Press the “manual” button and set the timer to cook the bananas on High pressure for 5 minutes. When the time is up, let the Instant pot naturally release the pressure, this means don’t do anything! The process should take about 10 minutes. Remove the lid and serve while warm. Bananas foster is perfect over low cal ice cream, with whipped cream on top or just in a bowl by itself!
Any questions before you make this amazing dessert recipe? We are happy to answer! Ask any question you may have in the comments below and we will write back to ensure your bananas foster are as delicious as ours!