This has got to be one of the best soups I have ever tried. As a total mushroom lover, anything that combines mushrooms with nutrition and tons of flavor is perfect for me. This soup is just that- perfect. It is rich and creamy without the excess calories that most cream soups have. It is healthy thanks to the mushrooms, wild rice, and carrots. Best of all, it is easy! You can literally make this soup in about 5 minutes. Doesn’t this all sound great? What are you waiting for? Get out that Instant Pot®!
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 0.5 cup Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 3 medium Carrots, chopped
- 8 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 Cup Wild Rice, dried
- 1 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powde
- 6 Cups Veggie Broth
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 0.25 cup Flour
- 1 cup Skim Milk
- Add the olive oil to your Instant Pot® and press the ‘Saute’ button. Add the onions, carrots and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the mushrooms, rice, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic powder and veggie broth to the pot and stir together. Place the lid on the Instant Pot® and seal, making sure the steamer valve is set in the ‘seal’ position.
- Press the ‘Manual’ button and set the pressure to high and the timer for 10 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is complete, let the pressure naturally release from your Instant Pot® which means you don’t have to do anything, just let the pot do its thing! This could take about 15-20 more minutes until the top latch is released and you are able to remove the lid.
- While the Instant Pot® is cooking, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the flour once the butter is melted and whisk together. Add the skim milk and whisk again. Bring the mix to a boil, stirring constantly until thick. Turn off the heat and set aside until the Instant Pot® is done.
- Open the lid to the Instant Pot® and pour the milk mix in. Stir together and then press the ‘Saute’ button on the Instant Pot®. Once the soup boils, turn off the Instant Pot® and serve the soup while hot!
Creamy and delicious? We thought so too! Still have questions about the recipe? Leave them below in the comment section and we will get back to you right away so you can start making this amazing soup.