If you are a carrot cake lover then you know that nothing else will satisfy that craving other than a big, moist piece of carrot cake. But what if it is really hot out and you don’t want to turn on your oven? What if you just started a Keto diet and really can’t eat flour or sugar? What if your last piece of homemade carrot cake was so dry that it made you cringe? This recipe will solve all of those problems! Keto-friendly, super moist, and all made in your Instant Pot®! This steamed cake is very dense and loaded with carrots and nuts- a carrot cake lovers dream! Whip up a batch in just a few minutes and you’ll be eating diet-friendly carrot cake in no time.
Instant Pot® Keto Carrot Cake
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula
- Small Bowl
- Mixing Bowl
- 7” Cake Pan
- Instant Pot® Trivet/Wire rack
- 0.5 cup Stevia
- 0.75 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- 4 Eggs
- 1.5 cups Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp Nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 2.25 cups, grated Carrots
- 1 cup Pecan Pieces
- Grate the carrots into a small bowl. To get 2 ¼ cups of grated carrots you will need about 2 large carrots. Set aside once grated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the stevia, coconut oil and vanilla extract. The mix may look a little greasy and broken but that is okay! (is using).
- Add the eggs to the mix and stir well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl (coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg) and stir well to combine.
- Add the shredded carrots and pecan pieces and stir.
- Pour the batter into a greased 7 inch cake pan (grease the pan with coconut oil or butter) and cover the pan with foil to prevent moisture from touching the cake during the cooking process.
- Place the metal rack in the Instant pot and then add 2 cups of water to the bottom of the pot. Lower the cake into the Instant Pot® and set it on top of the metal trivet.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot® and seal, making sure the steam valve is also set to “seal”. Press the “Steam” button and set the timer for 45 minutes. The Instant Pot® will take a few minutes to reach the full temperature and then it will begin the countdown on the timer.
- When the timer goes off, do a manual pressure release by carefully opening the steam valve to let the steam escape from the Instant Pot®. Lift the cake out of the pot and remove the foil. Use a dry paper towel to dab off any water that may have gotten on top of the cake.
- Let the cake cool and then ice the cake with Keto friendly cream cheese frosting and serve!
Are you now a believer in Instant Pot® carrot cake? You really can’t get a more dense, delicious Keto carrot cake around! Let us know in the comments below if you have any questions before you start “baking”!