If you have ever had true, Italian meatballs, then you know that there is no comparison. When meatballs are slow cooked for hours in the sauce, they come out tender, juicy and full of flavor. But who has hours and hours to watch meatballs cook on the stove? Not me! So, why not get that same slow cooked flavor in a matter of minutes by using the Instant Pot®?! It is a dream come true! Italian meatballs, just like grandma used to make but way, way faster.
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® One Pot Meatballs
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- 0.5 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 0.5 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 0.5 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Lowry’s Seasoning Salt
- 0.5 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, basil, parsley, garlic powder, seasoning salt and black pepper. Use your hands to knead the ingredients together and thoroughly mix everything.
- Using your hands again, grab about 2 tablespoons of ground beef mix and roll it into a ball. Place the meatball directly into the bottom of the instant pot bowl. Continue to roll all of the meat into balls and place them about 1 inch apart in the instant pot.
- Once all of the meatballs are in the Instant Pot® bowl, pour the marinara sauce in the bowl as well, on top of the meatballs.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot® and push the vent on the top of the machine to the ‘seal’ position. Press the ‘Manual’ button and then use the plus and minus button to set the timer for 15 minutes. The Instant Pot® will take a few minutes to heat up and seal and then it will begin to cook. After the timer goes off, open the steam valve on the top of the machine using a long spoon to push it open- bewares of the steam that will come shooting out! Look at those beautiful Instant Pot® meatballs!
- Enjoy alone, with a toothpick as an appetizer, on a piece of crusty bread or on top of noodles.
So, did these meatballs make you imagine you were roaming the streets of Italy? I sure hope so! Let us know what you think of this amazing recipe.