If you are a fan of take-out Chinese food then you surely have had orange chicken a time or tow. It is a take-out classic! However, that bright orange color, that super-sweet taste, the fried batter on the chicken…
It just can’t be healthy. Thank goodness you have an Instant Pot® and can now make that amazing dish right form your own home and also make it much healthier. In the amount of time, it takes to order Chinese food and have it delivered, you can make your own dinner right in your Instant Pot®! So get out that amazing piece of kitchen equipment and let’s get started!
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® One Pot Chinese Orange Chicken
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- 2 pounds Chicken Breast
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tbsp minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 0.5 tsp Green Onion
- Prepare the ingredients for the orange chicken sauce by measuring the orange juice, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, and orange zest. Add all of these ingredients into one bowl along with the minced garlic and stir together. Set aside.
- Chop the chicken breast by simply snipping it into pieces using a pair of scissors. Cut the chicken into pieces about one to two inches big.
- Add the canola oil to the bowl of the instant pot and select the ‘saute’ function. Once you begin to hear the oil crackle, it is hot! Add the chicken to the pot and allow it to brown slightly (the chicken will never get a deep brown color in an instant pot but will be a slight golden color).
- Pour the sauce mixture into the bowl of the instant pot along with the chicken. Place the top on the Instant Pot®, turn the vent know to the ‘seal’ position and press the ‘Manual’ function button. Set the timer for 5 minutes and wait! The Instant Pot® will take about 5 to 10 minutes to heat up before the timer begins. Once the timer goes off, allow the Instant pot to sit and naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes. Then, use a long spoon to push the vent knob open to manually release the remaining steam. Remove the Instant Pot® Top.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch and mix until there are no cornstarch lumps. Pour the mixture into the Instant pot and stir. Select the ‘saute’ function again and cook, constantly stirring the chicken and the sauce until it begins to thicken- about 2-3 minutes. Serve the chicken alone or alongside rice garnished with the green onions! Enjoy hot!
You must admit this chicken tasted better than take out orange chicken dishes- right? You can actually taste the orange! Let us know what you think.