If you love miso soup from your local Japanese restaurant, you will instantly fall in love with this recipe. This miso is super easy to make and a simplified, yet a delicious, version of the Japanese classic. Skip the chili flakes if you want a more mild version of the soup. Vegan and low calorie, this soup will warm you up with each nutritionally packed sip!
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Miso Soup
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber Spatula
- Cutting Board
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 inch piece Fresh Ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Kale, chopped
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tbsp Miso Paste
- 0.25 tsp Chili Flakes
- 14 ounces Firm Tofu
- In the Instant pot bowl, combine the olive oil, diced onion, diced garlic, fresh ginger and mushrooms. Press ‘saute’ and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped kale to the Instant Pot bowl and stir. Cook on saute mode for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable broth and miso paste and stir. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the steamer valve to ‘seal’. Press the ‘manual’ button and set the timer for 3 minutes, cooking on high pressure. When the time is complete, let the pressure naturally release which means don’t touch the bowl, just let it sit until you are able to open the lid. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Chop the firm tofu into cubes and add them to the Instant Pot bowl along with the chili flakes.
- Press ‘saute’ again and bring the soup to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes then ladle into bowls and serve hot! Enjoy.
You’ll never buy Miso soup again, right? If you have any questions before you start cooking this tasty dish, let us know in the comments below! We are happy to answer.