Steaming veggies sounds like something that is extremely easy, however, it can be a little tricky. Cook the vegetables too long and they will be mushy and unappetizing, undercook the veggies and they will be crunchy and barely cooked. Cook vegetables in an Instant Pot® and you will have pure perfection! The key is to use a steamer basket and to also choose vegetables that have about the same texture to ensure the cooking time is the same for all the different varieties. Here we have chosen cauliflower and carrots which cook well together and make for a beautiful and tasty plate of vegetables!
If you have been looking for a steamer basket for your Instant Pot, stop looking now- you just found the perfect one!
This stainless steel steamer basket will fit perfectly into a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot and sits on top of a sturdy attached trivet, one inch above the bottom of the pot.
Instant Pot® Steamed Veggies
- Instant Pot
- Cutting Board
- Chef’s Knife
- Steamer Basket
- Small Pan
- Rubber Spatula or Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- 4 Large Cauliflower Florets
- 1 bag, frozen Cauliflower Florets
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- Pour 1 cup water into the bottom of the Instant Pot® bowl. Place the steamer basket inside.
- Peel and chop the carrots into half inch pieces and place in the steamer basket.
- Add the cauliflower and close the Instant Pot®, making sure the steamer valve is set to “seal”. Press “Manual” and set the timer to two minutes with high pressure. When the timer has gone off, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes and then open the steam valve to release the remaining pressure.
- In a separate small saucepan, bring the butter, parsley and garlic to a boil and then turn off.
- Pour the butter sauce over the steamed veggies in a small bowl and toss together. Serve while hot!
With or without the butter sauce, these veggies are amazing! What did you think? We want to know! Leave a comment or question below!