Shrimp and grits are such a classic southern recipe that can now all be made in the Instant Pot®. That’s right, the shrimp, the grits- everything all at once, inside one pot! And guess what? It tastes fantastic! So simple and delicious that this meal is sure to become one of your favorites- a southern classic with a modern twist (the Instant Pot®!).
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Shrimp and Grits
- Instant Pot® Shrimp and Grits
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber Spatula
- Medium Heat Proof Bowl that will fit inside the Instant Pot®
- Can Opener
- Instant Pot® Trivet
- Cutting Board
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 0.5 cup Grits (not Instant)
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 White Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) Canned, chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 pound Shrimp, large, peeled and deveined
- 0.33 cup Heavy Cream
- Add the oil to the Instant pot along with the diced onions. Press the ‘saute’ button and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for two more minutes. Add one cup of the chicken broth to the Instant Pot® and stir, loosening up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Then add the tomatoes and the cajun seasoning to the bowl as well and stir. Turn the Instant Pot® off.
- In the mixing bowl, stir the gris, remaining 1 cup chicken broth and milk together.
- Place the Instant Pot® trivet inside the Instant Pot® bowl over the onion and tomato mix. Place the bowl with the grits mix on top of the trivet. Close the Instant Pot® lid and seal the pot, making sure the steamer valve is set to the ‘seal’ position. Press ‘manual’ and set the timer for 10 minutes on high pressure. When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure naturally release from the Instant Pot® by letting the pot just sit for about 10 more minutes until you can open the lid. Remove the bowl of grits and the trivet.
- Add the butter to the bowl of grits and stir. Set the grits aside for now.
- Add the shrimp and thyme to the Instant pot bowl, into the onion and tomato mix. Press the ‘saute’ button again and stir. Saute the shrimp for three minutes then flip them over and cook for another three minutes.
- Stir the heavy cream into the sauce in the Instant Pot® and saute for one more minute. Turn the Instant Pot® off. Scoop the grits into a bowl and then top with the shrimp and sauce mixture. Serve while hot!
Wasn’t this a great way to make flavorful shrimp and grits? If you have any questions before you start cooking, let us know in the comments below! We will answer ASAP so you can start cooking this tasty dish.