If you love comfort food then this recipe is for you! Chicken and Rice casserole is a tradition that just got a slight makeover. You no longer need to turn on that stovetop and the oven in order to make this dish. The Instant Pot will make if for you and it will make it incredibly tasty! Creamy cheese, tender broccoli and healthy rice all combine to make this a full meal that you can whip up in a matter of minutes.
Instant Pot® Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber Spatula
- Cutting Board
- Small Bowl
- Whisk or fork
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, cubed
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 0.5 Onion
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1.25 cups Brown Rice
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 0.5 cup Milk
- 4 tsp Flour
- 2 cups Broccoli
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Press the ‘saute’ button on your Instant Pot and add the olive oil along with the chicken, onion and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir, cooking for one more minute.
- Add the rice and chicken broth and stir again. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal, turning the steamer valve to “seal”. Press the “manual” button and set the timer for 5 minutes on high pressure.
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk the flour and milk together.
- When the timer is done, do a quick pressure release by carefully opening the steamer valve to release the pressure. Add the milk and flour mix to the pot right away and stir well.
- Add the broccoli stir in. Place the lid back on the Instant Pot for 10 more minutes (no need to set the timer or seal the lid, you are simply letting the broccoli steam using the heat from the food).
- Remove the lid and stir in the cheese, then serve!
Such an easy way to make a complete dinner, right? If you are still contemplating one of the steps or have any other questions, please leave them in the comments below and we will be happy to answer!