Blackened Salmon is one of those dishes that sounds super fancy but it actually quite easy (especially if you use an Instant Pot). It is all about using the right combination of seasonings and this recipe has it perfect for sure! One bite of this flavorful fish and it will be your new go-to salmon recipe.
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Blackened Salmon
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber Spatula
- Small Bowl
- Instant Pot® Trivet
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 0.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 0.5 tsp Onion Powder
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp Dried Oregano
- 0.5 tsp Dried Parsley
- 0.25 tsp Chili Powder
- 0.25 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.5 Pounds Salmon
- In a small bowl, combine all of the dried spices. Mix together well.
- Place the salmon fillets on a plate and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Coat the salmon filets evenly in the seasoning mix. Sprinkle both sides generously, covering every inch of the salmon. You may have some seasoning left over which you can save for another day.
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot and press the ‘saute’ button. Let the oil heat for one minute then add the seasoned salmon into the hot oil. Sear on each side for 2 minutes.
- Remove the salmon filets from the Instant Pot and place them on a piece of foil. Wrap the foil around the salmon, enclosing it completely.
- Pour one cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot bowl that still has the olive oil and seasonings in the bottom (no need to wash the bowl!). Place the trivet into the pot as well.
- Put the foil wrapped salmon filets on top of the trivet and then place the lid on the Instant Pot bowl, setting the steamer valve to ‘seal’. Press the ‘manual’ button and set the timer for 5 minutes on high pressure. When the time is complete, let the pressure naturally release which means just let the pot sit until you are able to open the lid! This should take about 10 minutes.
- Unwrap the blackened salmon and serve while hot. Enjoy!
Wasn’t that one of the best salmon dishes you have every tried? If you have questions before starting to cook, let us know in the comments below, we will be happy to answer and help you make this great dish.