You want cheesecake and you want it now! While yes, an Instant pot cheesecake will bake much faster than a regular old oven baked cheesecake, you still need to wait a little bit before you eat it. Allowing your Instant Pot® cheesecake to sit in the fridge overnight will create a creamy, smooth, out of this world texture and also enhance that vanilla and lemon flavor that has been baked in. So make this cheesecake quickly and then be patient, the next day you will have an amazing dessert waiting for you! All great things take time- this one is worth waiting for.
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Cheesecake
- Instant Pot
- Instant Pot® Springform Pan 6 inch or 8 inch
- Stand Mixer with Paddle Attachment or Hand Held Automatic Beaters
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Small Bowl
- Aluminum Foi
- 0.75 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese
- 0.5 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Flour
- 0.5 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 0.25 cup Sour Cream
- In a small bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter. Rub together using your hands to ensure that the butter is really blended into the cookie crumbs. The mix should hold a shape when squeezed.
- Press the graham cracker mix into the bottom of a springform cheesecake pan. Set aside for now.
- Blend the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, flour, lemon zest and vanilla extract together using a stand mixer with paddle attachment or hand held automatic beaters. The mixture should be smooth with no lumps and very creamy.
- Add the eggs to the cream cheese mix and blend slowly until just combined. You do not want to overmix at this step so go slow and stop once the eggs are incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake mix on top of the prepared cheesecake crust. Wrap the bottom of the springform pan in foil tightly so that there is seams or gaps. This will prevent water from leaking into the cheesecake. Then create a foil sling for the pan to rest on as well. This will aid you in raising and lowering the cheesecake into your pressure cooker.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot® and use the foil sling to lower the cheesecake into the pot.
- Lock the lid of the Instant Pot® and cook at high pressure for 35 minutes. Let the Instant pot natural release for about 18 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot® and dab off any moisture from the top with a paper towel.
- Let the cheesecake cool in the pan in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the pan and serve alone or paired with fresh fruit.
Any cheesecake questions before you start “baking” (so cool you can bake in an instant pot!!)? Let us know- we are here to help! When recipes are written and tested by professional chefs (like this one was!), we can answer all the questions you have with honesty and accuracy so ask away!