Boiled peanuts are an iconic Southern snack that is incredibly addicting to eat. Boiled peanuts typically take hours to make but the Instant Pot® has changed all of that. In fact, you can be popping warm boiled peanuts into your mouth in no time when you use this recipe. The peanuts taste so great (and are so irresistible) that everyone will think you spent all day cooking them by your grandma’s side!
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Boiled Peanuts
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber Spatula
- Small Bowl
- 1 Pound Raw Peanuts in the Shell
- 0.25 cup Salt
- 1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Begin by rinsing the peanuts to remove any excess debris from the bag (you don’t want to be cooking any pieces of shells or sticks!).
- Place the peanuts inside the pressure cooker bowl then add enough water to cover the peanuts completely. Sprinkle in the seasonings and stir.
- Then, place the Instant Pot® trivet on top of the peanuts in order to help keep them fully submerged in water as they cook.
- Close the Instant Pot® lid and set the steamer valve to ‘seal’. Press the ‘manual’ button and set the timer for 60 minutes on high pressure. Once the time is complete, let the pressure release naturally and then open the lid. Enjoy the peanuts warm!
What did you think of this authentic Southern Style peanut recipe? Did you eat them all already?? Let us know if you have any questions before you begin and we will be happy to answer!