Black bean burgers are a fantastic substitute for regular beef burgers. Whether you are trying to follow a vegetarian diet or just looking for something new, this recipe is one you should. While you can definitely grill these burgers outside when the weather gets warmer, using this Instant Pot is a great way to cook the burgers to perfect without a grill or oven.
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Black Bean Burgers
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber Spatula
- Cutting Board
- Large Bowl
- Blender or Food Processor
- 1-16 oz can Black Beans
- 0.5 Red Bell Pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 0.5 Onion, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Place the black beans, bell pepper, onion and garlic cloves in a blender or food processor. Blend until you get a nice smooth mix. It is okay if there are a few bigger pieces of peppers or onions, you mainly want all the black beans to be smashed.
- Transfer the mix from the blender into a large bowl. Add the egg, spices and breadcrumbs. Stir well with a spoon or your hands.
- Divide the mix into four parts and then use your hands to form 4 large burger patties.
- Place the burger patties on a piece of foil and pull the edges of the foil up slightly around the burgers. Place the foil onto the Instant Pot trivet or into a steamer basket.
- Add one cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the trivert with the foil wrapped burgers into the Instant Pot Bowl.
- Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and close, setting the steamer valve to ‘seal’. Press the ‘manual’ button and set the timer for 5 minutes on high pressure. When the cooking time is complete, let the Instant Pot naturally release the pressure which means just let the pot sit! When you can open the lid, the pressure has all been released! This takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve the burgers while warm with a burger bun and your favorite burger toppings!
Pretty tasty, right? You may never make burger on a grill again! After all, this clean up is much easier…. Let us know if you have any questions before you start.