Don’t be scared by the name of these brownies, they will satisfy any chocolate craving you may have and be healthy too! In fact, if you close your eyes and take a bite, you will never even know that you are eating a “healthy” brownie. What makes these black bean brownies even more amazing is that they only take 5 minutes to put together and then into the Instant Pot® they go! No need to turn on your oven or worry about your brownies drying out when you can bake in the Instant Pot®! Gluten-free, Keto-friendly, dairy-free and vegan, there is just so much to love about this recipe…
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Black Bean Brownies
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula
- Blender or Food Processor
- Mixing Bowl
- 7” Cake Pan
- Instant Pot® Trivet/Wire rack
- 1 can, drained (1 ½ cups) Black Beans
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 0.5 cup Oats
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.5 cup Yacon Syrup If you do not have yacon syrup, simply substitute maple syrup or honey however the brownies will no longer be keto friendly (but still delicious)
- 0.25 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 0.75 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.5 cup Chocolate Chips
- Measure all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips into a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth.
- Move the batter to a mixing bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Grease a 7” cake pan and pour the batter in, smoothing it so that it is evenly distributed in the pan. Cover the pan with foil.
- Place the metal trivet in the Instant Pot® and add 2 cups of water to the bottom of the pot. Place the cake pan on top of the trivet and close the Instant Pot®. Make sure the steam valve is set to “seal” and then press the “Manual” button. Set the timer for 25 minutes and the pressure to high (which should be your pots default setting).
- Once the Instant Pot® beeps, indicating that your brownies are done, do a manual pressure release by opening the steamer valve carefully to let all the steam escape. Remove the brownies from the Instant Pot® and let cool in the fridge for at least 1 hour before cutting in and eating! Store the brownies in the fridge for up to two weeks.
So how did they compare to your usual brownies? Just as good? Better? We want to know! Leave us a message in the comments and tell us all about how these healthy brownies are your new fav dessert. Send us any question you may have as well- we are always happy to answer to make sure your recipes come out perfectly.