If you love slow cooked barbecue chicken then you will definitely love this recipe as it creates the same juicy, flavorful dish in a fraction of the time. Raw chicken breasts are loaded into the slow cooker with a homemade barbecue sauce and poof! In 15 minutes, you have tender chicken ready to eat. This is the perfect use for the Instant Pot®!
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Shredded (Pulled) BBQ Chicken
- Small Bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 2 forks
- 2 large Chicken Breast
- 1.5 cup Brown Sugar
- 1.5 cup Ketchup
- 0.5 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 0.5 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Dried Mustard
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, ketchup, dried mustard, paprika, black pepper and salt.
- Add the white wine vinegar, water and worcestershire sauce to the bowl and mix. If there are slight lumps (most likely from the dried mustard powder), that is okay! They will break up as the mix cooks.
- Place the raw chicken breast in the bottom of the slow cooker and pour the homemade BBQ sauce on top of the chicken.
- Seal the pressure cooker and make sure the know is set to ‘seal’ (not on the setting that says ‘vent’. Press the ‘Manual’ button and set your Instant Pot® for 12 minutes at high pressure. Once the pot is ste, it will take about 5-10 minutes to seal and for the timer to begin.
- Once cooked, allow the Instant pot to release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes and then carefully open the vent to allow the rest of the pressure to quickly release.
- Remove the chicken breast and place in a bowl. Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Leave the BBQ sauce in the Instant Pot® and press the ‘Saute’ button. Allow the sauce to boil until it thickens, about 10 minutes.Pour the thickened sauce back on top of the shredded chicken and serve!
How easy was that pulled chicken?!? Did you have it as a sandwich? Did you eat it with a side of mashed potatoes? Tell us about your meal! Also, ask any questions you may have about the recipe- we’re here to help!