You most likely bought your instant pot because you wanted a meal that was, well, instant. If you are frequently searching for extra time to make dinner, an instant post seems like a great solution to cooking a delicious meal in a matter of minutes. Know what else is fantastic? Making a complete meal, protein, veggies, and carbs, all in one pot. Instant pot and one-pot meal?!? If that sounds like a dream come true, then this flavorful, quick Chinese chicken and rice recipe is for you. Everything goes right in the Instant pot and a few minutes later, an amazing, well-balanced dinner is ready!
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® One Pot Chinese Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 cup Shiitake Mushrooms
- 4 pieces Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 cup Brown Rice, dry, uncooked
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 0.5 tsp Sugar
- 0.5 tsp Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Five Spice Powder
- 1 bunch, trimmed Bok Choy
- Begin by making a marinade for the chicken. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, corn starch, rice vinegar, ginger, and five spice powder.
- Place the drumsticks and mushrooms in a large bowl and add the marinade to the bowl as well. Toss the chicken and the mushrooms to completely coat them in the marinade. Let the mix sit for about 15 minutes to really soak the flavors of the marinade into the chicken.
- Add the rice, salt and the water to the bowl of the instant pot.
- Add the marinated chicken and mushrooms to the instant pot as well along with the bok choy. No need to mix everything together, the instant pot will do that for you!
- Seal the lid on the instant pot and press the 'manual' button. Set the instant pot to cook for ten minutes on high pressure. The pot will take about 15 minutes to heat up before the timer begins (about 20 minutes if you are making the larger batch recipe).
- Once cooked, let the instant pot naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes then, manually release the remaining pressure by carefully opening the pressure latch.
- Serve while the food is nice and hot!
Was this Chinese chicken and rice recipe authentic enough for you? Did that five spice really shine through? And most importantly, wasn’t it sooooo easy?!? Everyone loves a good one pot meal especially when it is created so quickly in an instant pot. Tell us what you think of this recipe here!