Cranberries don’t have to just be around during the holidays, they are delicious any time of year! The tangy taste of cranberries goes wonderfully with the sweet and spicy homemade barbecue sauce. Thank the Instant Pot®, the chicken will be perfectly tender and irresistible.
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Cranberry BBQ Chicken
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula
- Cutting Board
- Chef’s Knife
- Immersion Blender
- Two Forks
- Small dish
- 1.5 cups Cranberries
- 0.5 cup Onion, chopped
- 0.25 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 0.25 cup Tomato Sauce
- 0.25 cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 0.25 tsp Cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pound Chicken Breast
- Place the cranberries, onion, vinegar, tomato sauce, sugar, olive oil and cinnamon in the Instant pot and press ‘saute’. Let the mix come to a boil and the turn the pot off.
- Use and immersion blender to puree the sauce.
- Add the Chicken breast to the pot with the cranberry barbecue sauce and then place the lid on the Instant Pot®.
- Set the steamer valve to ‘seal’ and then press the ‘manual’ button. Set the timer for 20 minutes, cooking on high pressure.
- When the cooking cycle is done, let the pressure release naturally- that means don’t touch the steamer valve, just let it sit for about 20 minute until the pressure is out! Open the Instant pot and remove the chicken.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken and then mix it back into the sauce in the pot.
- Serve while hot!
Sweet and tangy, savory and tender are how we describe this chicken. What did you think? Got any good adjectives after tasting it? Or, if you have any questions before you start cooking, leave them below!