If you love that extra crunch and rich cashew flavor then this chicken recipe is for you. This recipe is reminiscent of taking out cashew chicken but so much healthier. Of course, it is easy to make so you will be eating in no time- probably sooner than if you actually ordered take out! Full of veggies, nuts, and chicken- you can’t go wrong here!
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Cashew Chicken Bake
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Two Small Bowls
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.5 pounds Chicken Thighs
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.75 cup Cashews
- 1, chopped Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 cups Broccoli, florets
- 0.25 cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 0.25 cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Add the olive oil to your Instant Pot® and press ‘saute’. Place the chicken thighs inside the pot as well and sprinkle with the salt. Sear the chicken for three minutes then flip and sear for another 4 minutes. Turn the Instant Pot® off.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the coconut aminos, honey sriracha and apple cider vinegar together. Pour the mix into the Instant Pot®.
- Close the Instant pot lid and put the steamer valve on ‘seal’. Press the “manual” button and set the timer for 5 minutes at high pressure. Once the cooking cycle is complete, carefully open the steamer valve and release the pressure. Remove the chicken from the pot.
- Add the diced bell pepper, cashews and broccoli florets to the Instant pot with the sauce and press saute. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the cornstarch together with 2 tablespoons of water and then pour the mix into the Instant Pot® with the veggies. Mix until thick and then turn the Instant pot off.
- Serve the sauce and veggies over the chicken paired with rice or on it’s own!
Wasn’t that delicious? Just like take out but so much better! Tell us about your cashew chicken or let us know if you have any questions before you begin! We will answer ASAP