A little sweet and a little savory, these chicken thighs are perfect, no matter what mood you are in. To top it off, they are quite healthy and extremely easy to make. The fresh apples in combination with the apple butter make for a full apple flavor that you cannot resist. The way the Instant Pot® cooks the chicken to perfection is something that can’t be beaten! Make this ideal recipe whenever you are in the mood for something simple, flavorful, and healthy.
Oregano Essential Oil, 100% Pure & Natural Origanum Vulgare Oil, Therapeutic Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oil, 10ml (0.33oz)
Oregano is a powerful, potent essential oil used in a variety of ways. Oregano oil, or Oreganum Vulgare, contains two chemical substances, Carvacrol and Thymol, that possess powerful antioxidants. Because it is so potent, take caution when using Oregano oil as an inhalant or when diffusing: just a few drops are necessary.
Instant Pot® Apple Butter Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 0.5 cup Onion
- 1 clove, minced Garlic
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Apple Butter
- 0.5 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Whole Apple, chopped
- Add the olive oil to the bottom of the Instant Pot® bowl and add the onions. Press the saute and cook until the onions are soft and tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and the chicken thighs to the pot and let sear for two minutes, flip the thighs and sear for another 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and close the Instant Pot® lid. Set the steamer valve to ‘seal’ and push the ‘Manual’ button. Set the timer for 12 minutes and the pressure to high.
- Once the timer goes off, push the steamer valve open carefully to release the pressure inside the Instant Pot®. Serve the chicken while hot!
Delicious? Did you love it? Do you have any questions before you make this great dish? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll be happy to answer!